Friday, August 28, 2009

Pests

The whole family enjoyed a peek at our daughter's high school varsity volleyball team at their scrimmage last night. It's kind of striking to see the young woman she is becoming, and seems like only yesterday she was just starting kindergarten.

But, there was no time for in-depth recollections. It was getting late when we piled into our van to head home.

Six year old Andy sat "in the way back." He's typically a smiley, giggly, dimpled cheek kid. Maybe he has been so tired from nearly a whole week of kindergarten, but his tolerance for the two sisters sitting in front of him was quite thin.

Now, all families with two or more children hear the same things: "Mommmmmmm! She's copying me!" or "Mommmmmmm! He's looking at me!" I think even an "only child" must make up imaginary friends to bicker with.

Andy's solution to getting away from his family annoyances? He announced he's going to college.

Sigh.
Blink of an eye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's how i did it, andy.

Unknown said...

I just moved out:) My sister kept taking things from my closet with out asking. Even though I moved across town, she still managed to get things now and then. Stinker!

Anonymous said...

If the college thing doesn't work out, Andy can always run away to Mimi's. She has plenty of ice cream :)

Anonymous said...

nooooo i won't blink my eyes!!!
auntie m