Friday, December 10, 2010

Home Movies

We've embraced the streaming technology of Netflix... movies not only delivered in two days to your front door, but also brought immediately to your TV via your computer and wireless router.

Kel signed us up for the free month trial, because we both wanted to watch Pillars of the Earth, the epic story by Ken Follet put on glorious film.  The novel itself is about 1000 pages (I read it, Kel listened to it on his Ipod), and even though I met the characters a few years ago, I STILL think about them, the amazing work they did, and the lives they led.  Now, that's a good book.

Each night, we would get the kids in bed, settle into the recliners in our Commons, and allow ourselves to be transported into another space and time.  It took about two weeks, but we watched the 8 episodes and loved every minute.  For people who rarely make time to watch television (not to mention falling asleep during the middle of it), this too was epic.

And with the approaching Christmas break around the corner, I'm actually looking forward to sitting down at the movies, often, in my own home.

Now, to find that remote again...

1 comment:

jhip7 said...

Kelly, I read Pillars of the Earth because of your recommendation and LOVED it! Is it a mini series on Netflix? I also have become a Ken Follett groupie because I liked the first book so much. I am addicted to the instant movies (and tv shows) on Netflix!