Friday, July 24, 2020

Adoration

 A quick realization that it was Thursday evening, and an opportunity to run up to the local church for Adoration, Confession, and Reception of Holy Communion.  

A prayer service.


It’s late, but Jesus will still be there. 


Kneeling before Him, with no words.  

I feel like stone.  

A thick, dense, column of stone.     

Ah! Thursday!  Luminous Mysteries.  


The First Luminous Mystery is the Baptism of Our Lord.  Our Father who art in heaven… (Jesus, wash over me, let your healing waters wash over me). The Second Luminous Mystery is The Wedding Feast at Cana.  Our Father who art in heaven…(Mary instructs, “Do whatever He tells you to do”...Jesus, I want to, I really want to).  The Third Luminous Mystery is (in a bellowing voice) THE PROC-la-MA-tion OF the GOS-pel.  Our Father who art in heaven…. (Jesus proclaiming the Gospel, illuminating the Word, sharing the Good News… oh thank you for the Good News!).  The Fourth Luminous Mystery is The Transfiguration.  Our Father who art in heaven…. (Revealing your absolute divine glory… change me too, Lord! Change me, too!).  The Fifth Luminous Mystery is The Institution of the Eucharist.  Our Father who art in heaven… (Institution?  Jesus.  Jesus himself…. Up on that altar, in the monstrance.  Now.)


NOW.


Veiled, a mystery, hidden in a monstrance, in what looks like bread.   

Brilliant light, 

illuminating.


The hardened stone. 

Do something with the thick column of stone.  

Anima Christi... “Soul of Christ, sanctify me.  Body of Christ, save me.  Blood of Christ, inebriate me.  Water from the side of Christ, wash me.  Passion of Christ, strengthen me.  Oh Good Jesus, hear me.  Within your wounds, hide me. Separated from you let me never be.  From the evil one, protect me.  At the hour of my death, call me.  Into your presence, lead me, that I may praise you in heaven with all your saints, forever and ever, Amen.”


Dense columns can be changed....even tumbled, in prayer.

AMEN.

AAAAAA-MEN!


No comments: